Prayer Mountain Mushrooms grows gourmet specialty mushrooms in the beautiful land
of Kentucky. Prayer Mountain Farms is a family owned and operated mushroom farm
in Upton, KY. We grow beautiful Oyster and Shiitake mushrooms year-round. Our
mushrooms are grown without chemicals, pesticides or herbicide. We take great pride
in our product and stand behind every mushroom we sell.
Prayer Mountain Mushroom Interesting Facts
1. They don’t use traditional advertising and prefer a more organic, grass roots
approach through social media.
2. They currently sell everything they grow, but have capacity for increased growth.
3. They have hired their first employee and will likely hire more as they put expansion
operations in place.
4. Their model is scalable, allowing for more expansion in the future.
5. They harvest their product every day.
6. Their mushrooms are identified as premium, meaning this ain’t your grandma’s
mushroom. Their mushrooms are delicious and not what you’ll typically find in a
7. Growing mushrooms requires an intimate knowledge of mycology, a branch of
biology concerned with the study of fungi, including their genetic and biochemical
properties and their taxonomy.
8. Depending on the variety of mushroom, the product can take from six weeks to six
months before it can be ready for sale.
5941 W. 82nd Street, Indianapolis, IN 46278